Friday, August 3, 2012

LITTLE REFLECTION OF MY LIFE IN NAZARETH COLLEGE






The first time I arrived here was a full of questions and many things in my mind. When I started my summer class some weeks ago and there are few things for me that make me must do a little reflection of my life. Such a reflection helps me to understand myself about my first goal, when I was applying for the Ugrad Program, since I was Yogyakarta. Being a student in a developing or third world country is something tough. Especially when my arriving here and see many and much differences among everything. I said to myself “I need to learning everything more and more”.


My main goal still the same and it is not change even just for a while. I want to increase my ability in leadership. I come from really one of rural areas, in my home sweet home papua island. And everything started from my dream to have a such experience outside of my home place. Being here make me realize that we need to start from the little things, need to maximize myself. In technologies of information, let me say that I am quite good but not really good. In the grammar class, I need more learning cause I have a bad grammar of English. Why a leadership is very important to me? When I want to change the world, it must start from the people around me, and when I want to change them I need to be more and more in anything. That is why I need to keep learning, in order to be success to delivering the message of what I want to tell. My family is a big family, they are very happy during my staying here. they  support me as always, and always remind me that I must try to do my best. And off course I will always try to do my best. When I say I want to be an ambassador or such a leader, it means that, there is a price that I must pay. I must do more and more. What I learn here is more than just a grammar or class stuff. I learn many things about life itself and it teaches me to stay as who I am and not to forget about, where I come from and what should I do for my own future and my people future. Inspired by a American technologies and the culture itself and the way how American people treating each other and respecting each other, so much different with my people. And I must take what I need to take and reject what I need to reject.  In the developing countries, especially, the education is very poor, in almost every sectors. So being here as student in USA teach me something that I want to help people especially children with no access to education to have a same chance in education by providing such access to them, such as a financial supporting or I teach them by myself. 
Last but not least , here in the USA there are a lot of beautiful places that I can visit during my stay here. I remembered one of my lecturer when I was in Kualalumpur-Malaysia , he said that you must have a balance life. Don’t  use all your time to study or read books, people need to be relax. And don’t  waste your time to playing around cause you need to keep learning and studying. Thank you for everyone who support me so far. I love you with the love of LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment